1. Responsibility and Authority of the Pool Manager
The Pool Manager is in full charge of the pool's operations. He/she has been directed to continue the club's high standards for cleanliness, safety, and order. He/she is authorized to restrict any action on the part of the pool users which, in his/her judgment, may be prejudicial to the interests or enjoyment of the members as a whole.
2. Pool Hours
- Pool hours will be set forth each year in the President's letter.
- The pool will be closed during inclement weather at the discretion of the Pool Manager.
- Swimming Instructions: All classes will be scheduled only on weekdays and end by noon.
- Exception: Instructions will be offered to adults. This class may be scheduled at a later hour. The fee will be set by the Pool Manager. Fee will cover Red Cross and staffing expenses.
3. Admission to the Pool
- All persons entering the pool must present their Identification Card or pay the daily guest fee.
- The Family Information Sheet must be filled out by the member and will be kept on file at the pool office. The Family Information Sheet will include the following information: name of bond holder, names and age of each family member eligible for admittance, home address, home phone number, and medical release authorization.
- Additional identification may be required for admittance.
- Guests are permitted in the pool, but they must be accompanied by a member of the family unit holding a membership, and the member must register his or her own name and the name(s) of the guest(s).
- Each family unit membership is entitled to 15 paid guest privileges per season (not 15 for each member of the family). A record of the use of these privileges will be recorded on the Family Information Sheet retained in the pool office file.
- Guests are permitted after 5:00 P.M. without counting against the 15 paid guest privileges.
- Child guests count against the 15 paid guest privileges.
- The number of guests after 5:00 P.M. is limited to a maximum of four per family unit per week. Any request for variance from these maximum numbers must be submitted to the Pool Manager in advance. The Pool Manager will decide whether to approve or disapprove the request.
- Party requests must be submitted to the Pool Manager two weeks in advance of the planned event.
- Rates for Guests
Adults - $5.00 per dayChildren 12 and under - $5.00 per dayHouse Guests
- A special rate for house guests of member is as follows: full 7 days for one person, $20.00; each additional person, $10.00.
- All applications for house guest rates must be made in writing to the Pool Manager.
- House guests are not counted against the limitation of the fifteen (15) paid guest privileges.
4. Personal Property
- The corporation shall NOT be responsible for loss or damage to personal property. Cash and other valuables should not be left unattended.
- Chairs are provided for members to use. Members may bring their own chairs to the pool. The Corporation assumes no liability for stolen or damaged chairs or for injuries arising from the use of any personal chairs.
- Non-swimmers, for their own safety must stay at the shallow end, whether in the pool or on the surrounding deck.
- Children under 12 years old as of June 1st and non-swimmers:
- must be accompanied by a parent, a responsible adult, or another child at least 13 years old as of June 1st. The person supervising the child must be in the water with the child or at the very least at the poolside.
- only arm swimmies, inner tubes with vest and Red Cross approved life vests permitted and must be in arms length of an Adult. No inner tubes or rafts are permitted in the main pool.
- No person shall use the pool unless it is officially open and the guards are on duty.
- At least one guard must be on duty and seated in a guard chair when the pool is open.
- Intoxicated persons will not be admitted.
- Running and rough play, in or out of the water is strictly prohibited.
- At the first clap of thunder or lightning, people will be asked to leave the pools and the fenced areas surrounding the pools. They will not be allowed to return until one-half hour after the last clap of thunder, or until the Pool Manager advises them to do so.
- No glass containers are allowed anywhere on pool property.
- Wading Pool Rules:
- No food is permitted in the wading pool or on the cement deck surrounding the wading pool.
- Only children seven (7) years and younger will be permitted in the wading pool and they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Rough play and running are not permitted.
- Diving Well Rules:
- In order to use the diving boards, children must pass a Level II swim test. A lifeguard will administer this test. To pass the test a child must:
- Swim the length of the pool. (No doggy paddle)
- Tread water for 30 seconds.
- No inwards or cut away dives permitted.
- Only one bounce on the board.
- Only one person on the board at a time.
- Divers must wait until the person preceding them gets to the ladder before they dive in.
- Divers must go immediately to the ladder and exit the water.
- There is no free swim in the diving well unless permission is given from the guard on duty.
- When two or more guards are on duty there will be no free swim in the diving well.
6. Conduct and Appearance
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought into or consumed on pool property except during such special affairs as may be announced by the Board of Directors.
- Good judgment and discretion should be exercised at all times, especially in connection with one's attire. Cutoffs are not suitable as swimming suits.
- No pet(s) of any kind shall be permitted on the pool grounds.
- Inside the 3 ½ foot fence enclosing the pool:
- No member shall enter the enclosure, or permit a child or guest to do so, while wearing bandages or suffering from infection or communicable disease.
- No smoking.
- No food or beverages shall be consumed in the enclosure except for water in an unbreakable container.
- Children who are not toilet-trained are not permitted in either the wading pool or main pool without special swim diapers and closely fitting plastic pants.
- Parents must make frequent diaper checks of their children's diapers. A diaper check must be made before placing the child in a pool. Diaper checks must be made with the child out of the water.
- Pool management will follow and enforce the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene - Policy and Procedures for the Prevention and Cleanup of Fecal Accidents at Public Pools and Spas.
8. Coming to and from the Pool
It is important that you be especially sensitive in respecting the personal rights of others in our community, particularly those residing close to the pool property. For example, if you walk to the pool, you should be in street attire. If you drive, keep in mind that some of the streets close to the pool will carry more traffic than has been usual. Therefore, drive slowly.
9. Adult Swim
- The Pool Manager may designate a fifteen minute "Adult Swim" period each hour.
- During this period only members 16 years of age and over may use the pool. All children under the age of 16 must leave the pool and the pool enclosure (fenced area) during this period.
- "Lap Lanes" may be designated and must be respected by all.
- Adult swim will not end until trash on the pool grounds has been placed into trash receptacles.
- Violation of any pool rule is cause for suspension of pool privileges or other disciplinary action.
- The Board of Directors has delegated authority to the Pool Manager to suspend a member's pool privileges for up to one week.
11. Clubhouse/Game Room
Rules required for the "new" Clubhouse and Game Room will be posted in the Game Room.
12. Definitions and Interpretations
Any individual 21 years of age or over is termed an adult in all cases except where otherwise specified.
13. Change of Address
Please notify the Pool Membership chairman of any change of address.
14. Members' Responsibility
This is your pool. If you have questions or problems please report them to the Pool Manager or Assistant Manager. Your help in following these rules is greatly appreciated and will help everyone have a safe and enjoyable summer at the pool.